RELEASE OF RADIOACTIVE MATERIALS AND NUCLEAR PLANT COMPONENTS
This seminar will provide you with the basic knowledge for the clearance of radioactive substances. Through the clearance, substances leave the scope of the national Atomic Energy Act, the Radiation Protection Act and the Radiation Protection Ordinance and are legally no longer radioactive.
Emphasis is placed on how the clearance is implemented in practice. On the basis of practical examples, measurement strategies for decision measurements are presented. The seminar ends with a demonstration on how to handle the measurement technology.
|DATE||May 10th & 11th, 2022|
|VENUE||Novotel Aachen City
|SCOPE OF SERVICE||Price includes lunch,
catering during breaks
and course materials.
|ATTENDANCE FEE||1.095,- € (+ VAT)
max. 30 Participants
- Legal and normative bases for clearance
- Clearance of residual material streams as well as buildings and ground surfaces
- Importance of averaging quantities
- Derivation of nuclide vectors
- Decontamination procedures
- Suitability of measuring instruments for the performance of decision measurements
- Detection limit, evidence limit and confidence limits (DIN ISO 11929)
- Use of clearance measurement chambers
- Measurement strategies for in-situ-gamma-spectrometry for buildings and ground surfaces
- Demonstration of the measurement technology for radiation protection and for clearance measurement
In this module, you will learn about the legal and normative basis for clearance, and you will gain first-hand insights into the practical application of clearance. The aim of this seminar is to introduce you to the topic and provide you with measurement strategies as well as practical experience. In addition, the necessary measurement technology will be demonstrated.
For any questions please contact
Ms. Helena Schunk during the
following office hours:
Monday to Friday
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
If you are interested in a seminar in English, please contact us.