NUCLEAR LICENSING AND REGULATORY PROCEDURES
In this seminar, you get to know the requirements for nuclear regulatory and licensing procedures for operation, modifications and decommissioning of nuclear facilities. In addition, you learn how to prepare the corresponding, necessary documents and how to present them in front of an expert.
|DATE||May 3rd & 4th, 2023|
|VENUE||Novotel Aachen City
|SCOPE OF SERVICE||Price includes lunch,
catering during breaks
and course materials.
max. 30 Participants
- Responsibilities in the nuclear licensing and supervisory procedure
- Licensing law for significant modification of power and research reactors
- Licenses for the decommissioning of nuclear facilities
- Licenses for handling nuclear fuels and radioactive materials
- Legal bases, ordinances and rules of technology
- Safety levels (operation in accordance with regulations, incidents, accidents)
- Reliability and expertise
- Environmental impact assessment
- Public participation
- Requirements for application documents
Various organizations are involved in nuclear licensing and supervisory procedures. In this module, the lecturers teach you the functions and responsibilities of the institutions involved in the field of reactor safety and radiation protection. Particular attention will be paid to the legal ordinances and the German Atomic Energy Act. The interaction between the applicant, the licensing authority, the technical safety organisation (TSO) and the public is the main focus of the seminar. Since the involvement of the public plays a major role in nuclear licensing procedures, the public participation formats are presented.
For any questions please contact
Ms. Helena Schunk during the
following office hours:
Monday to Friday
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
If you are interested in a seminar in English, please contact us.