DECOMMISSIONING AND DISMANTLING OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES
In this seminar, the requirements regarding project planning and execution as well as the legal framework for the decommissioning of nuclear facilities are presented.
|DATE||Sept. 13th - 15th, 2023|
|VENUE||Novotel Aachen City
|SCOPE OF SERVICE||Price includes lunch,
catering during breaks
and course materials.
max. 30 Participants
- Requirements for the licensing documents for decommissioning and dismantling
- Legal regulations and rights of the applicant
- Responsibilities in the decommissioning procedure
- Responsibilities of the technical safety organization (TSO)
- Strategies for decommissioning planning and execution
- Dealing with limited resources (funds, personnel, service providers)
- Dismantling techniques in decommissioning and their areas of application
- Experiences from power and research reactors
- Clearance of buildings and ground areas
- Interim storage and waste treatment
- Radiation measurement techniques for plant and waste characterization
The seminar discusses the necessary steps to remove a nuclear facility from the scope of the Atomic Energy Act. In this context, safety-relevant requirements are placed on the decommissioning of nuclear facilities and on the safe disposal of nuclear waste. The individual decommissioning strategies and phases are outlined. The technologies for decontamination, dismantling and other specific decommissioning tasks (e. g. technology for release measurements) are discussed in detail. The lecturers will explain the requirements regarding project planning and execution as well as the legal framework for the decommissioning of nuclear facilities.
For any questions please contact
Ms. Helena Schunk during the
following office hours:
Monday to Friday
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
If you are interested in a seminar in English, please contact us.