CONDITIONING, DISPOSAL & FINAL DISPOSAL OF RADIOACTIVE WASTE
Contents of the seminar are in particular conditioning procedures for the treatment of radioactive waste as well as their characterization (structural, radiological & material). The seminar deals with requirements for the qualification of radioactive waste for the Konrad repository. This includes the product control measures. Furthermore, the status of the site selection for the final disposal of heat-generating waste will be discussed.
|DATE||Sept. 26th & 29th, 2023|
|VENUE||Novotel Aachen City
|SCOPE OF SERVICE||Price includes lunch,
catering during breaks
and course materials.
max. 30 Participants
- Conditioning of radioactive waste
- Requirements from interim storage
- Commissioning on the Konrad repository
- Safety analysis for the Konrad repository and their implementation in the waste acceptance criteria
- Requirements for waste containers suitable for final storage
- Consideration of substances hazardous to water
- Product control & qualification of radioactive waste
- Radiological and material characterization
- Post-qualification of radioactive waste
- Final disposal in different host rocks
- EXCURSION TO THE TECHNICAL CENTER OF AINT GMBH – DEMONSTRATION OF THE MEASURING SYSTEM ASGS AND QUANTOM
The aim of the seminar is to give you a comprehensive overview of the safe treatment and final disposal of radioactive waste. Using the example of the Konrad repository, the processes and responsibilities in the final disposal procedure will be explained in detail to the participants. It will be comprehensively dealt with conditioning processes in practice, their process qualification as well as the requirements for the product control procedure for the qualification of radioactive waste. The consideration of water-polluting substances in radioactive waste plays a special role here.
For any questions please contact
Ms. Helena Schunk during the
following office hours:
Monday to Friday
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
If you are interested in a seminar in English, please contact us.